I’ve been into fitness for quite some time now and I’ve learned quite a bit over the years. I’ve come to realize that many people truly want to lose weight but often hit a brick wall when it comes to getting rid of that stubborn belly fat. Often this is something that simply discourages them and they give up. Well, I really don’t want people to give up and that’s why I’m offering you some simple exercises that should help you get rid of that belly fat and make you feel better about continuing your exercises.
Diet and Exercise Go Hand in Hand
I always like to remind people that exercises and diet need to go hand in hand. Just because you are dieting doesn’t mean that you’re going to lose that belly fat. That kind of thinking is not going to help you be successful. If you really want to lose weight, then you are going to need to add an hour of exercises into your daily life. These exercises need to target reducing belly fat as well. Below you’ll find a few of my favorite exercises that are quite important for attacking the belly fat.
This is one of the best exercises for helping get rid of belly fat. Here’s how to do these even in the privacy of your own home:
• Lie flat on a mat on the floor with your knees bent and your feet off the floor.
• Lift your hands and put them behind your head or you can keep them crossed over your chest.
• Take a deep breath and lift your upper body off the floor and then exhale.
• Inhale as you go back down and then exhale as you come back up.
• If you are a beginner then do this ten times.
• Repeat for two to three sets.
After you feel you’re used to regular crunches you can move onto these modified crunches:
• Lay on the floor with your hands behind your head.
• Now bend your knees just like with regular crunches, make sure to keep your feet on the floor.
• Lift your right shoulder towards the left and keep the left side of your body on the floor.
• Alternate to your left shoulder and lift and twist it towards the right.
• Repeat this ten times.
This exercise to help burn belly fat is just like the twist crunches. The big difference is that you need to tilt your legs to the same side at the same time you tilt and lift your shoulders. These exercises not only work the stomach but your sides as well to help with those love handles. Follow the same instructions as the twist crunches.
When performing these exercises make sure that you keep your movements slow and steady. You could hurt this complex area if you hurry the twists. So be careful.
Vertical Leg Crunch
Again, this is yet another crunch that focuses on getting rid of that belly fat.
• Lie flat on the floor with your legs extended up towards your ceiling and have one knee crossed over the other one.
• Once you have positioned your body perfectly. Then breathe in and lift your upper body off the floor towards the pelvis.
• Breathe out slow as you bring yourself back down. Then breathe in again, and exhale as you go up.
• Do this exercise 12-15 times with up to three sets.
To do this one you don’t even need a bicycle. Here’s how you do this great little exercise at home:
• Lie on your floor and keep your hands by your sides or behind your head.
• Lift both of your legs off the floor and bend them at the knees.
• Now bring your right knees close to your chest and keep the left leg away.
• Take your right leg away and then bring your left leg close to your chest.
• Keep doing this like you are peddling a bike.
This is a very low impact exercises that actually puts more emphasis on your breathing rather than your heart rate. It is a great exercise for beginners.
• Get down on all floors on your floor and support your body with your hands and knees.
• Inhale deep and loosen your abdomen.
• When you exhale, tighten your abdomen.
• Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds.
• Repeat this process up to 20 times.
The only thing you need to do this exercise is a simple chair.
• Take a chair and sit on it and make sure that your spine is straight and your shoulders are relaxed.
• Keep both of your hands beside you with palms by the side of your hips facing down.
• Now inhale deeply.
• As you exhale you will bring both of your legs up so that your knees are close to your chest. Hold this position for five seconds. Try not to bend forward or arch your back.
• Bring your legs down slowly and repeat one more time.
I hope that you’ll consider trying some of these exercises to help you get rid of troubled areas around your abdomen. They are all relatively easy and nearly everyone can practice them with little to no difficulty at all.